IGP – KSU Grain Procurement and Purchasing Course
The IGP-KSU Grain Procurement and Purchasing short course consist of seven consecutive sessions delivered on-line across the month of April.
The short course will cover the following topics:
- U.S. Grain Production and Export Marketing System
- Overview of Ocean Freight, Dry-Bulk Markets
- Container Markets and Freight
- USDA Grain Grades and Standards implementation across the export system and how to get what you want
- What makes up a contract
- NAEGA, FOSFA and GAFTA Contracts and Arbitration
- Negotiating better contract terms
- Overview of CME Group Features, Derivative and OTC Markets
- Defining Delivery Value Equivalents
- Introduction to Basis Trading and Hedging
- Commodity Markets - Overview and Outlook
Due to this year's travel and in-person instruction restrictions, this course will be offered via a virtual on-line format. Lectures will be delivered live via Zoom every Monday and Wednesday for no more than 3 hours each day. Course materials will be provided to participants in a digital format.
Who Should Attend
International grain, wheat, corn, grain sorghum, DDGs and soybeans buyers, government officials and others responsible for the purchase, importing, shipping and handling of U.S. agricultural commodities.
This course is especially useful to individuals in private companies taking on the responsibilities for grain purchasing and shipping.
An increased understanding of the U.S. grain marketing system will enhance the participants' ability to competitively purchase U.S. grains and commodities with greater confidence and effectiveness.
This course will start April 7, 2021 and take place every Wednesday and Monday until April 28, 2021. The course fee is $1,750.
The IGP Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses if minimum enrollment numbers are not met. If a course is canceled, participants will be refunded 100% of their tuition. If a course is rescheduled, participants will have the opportunity to have 100% of their registration fees applied to the rescheduled course or receive a full refund.
Participants who wish to cancel or transfer their registration to another employee can do so for a $100 processing fee as long as notice is received at least fifteen days prior to the course start date. Refund requests made fourteen days or less before a course start date will be not be refunded.