Recent peer-reviewed journal articles (*corresponding author)
6. W. Tian, Y. Li*. 2018. Phenolic acid composition and antioxidant activity of hard red winter wheat varieties. Journal of Food Biochemistry. DOI: 10.1111/jfbc.12682.
5. L. Tebben, Y. Shen, Y. Li*. 2018. Improvers and functional ingredients in whole wheat bread: A review of their effects on dough properties and bread quality. Trends in Food Science and Technology. DOI: 10.1016/j.tifs.2018.08.015.
4. G. Chen, L. Ehmke, C. Sharma, R. Miller, P. Faa, G. Smith, Y. Li*. 2018. Physicochemical properties and gluten structures of hard wheat flour doughs as affected by salt. Food Chemistry. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.07.157.
3. Y. Shen, G. Chen, Y. Li*. 2018. Bread characteristics and antioxidant activities of Maillard reaction products of white pan bread containing various sugars. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 95, 308-315, DOI: 10.1016/j.lwt.2018.05.008.
2. G. Chen, L. Ehmke, R. Miller, P. Faa, G. Smith, Y. Li*. 2018. Effect of sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate on the physicochemical properties of soft wheat flour doughs and gluten polymerization. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 66, 6840-6850, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jafc.8b01197.
1. G. Chen, R. Hu, Y. Li*. 2018. Potassium chloride affects gluten microstructures and dough/bread characteristics similarly as sodium chloride. Journal of Cereal Science, 82, 155-163, DOI: 10.1016/j.jcs.2018.06.008.