Welcome to K-State Grain Science and Industry
Welcome to the Department of Grain Science and Industry at Kansas State University! Our globally unique programs are recognized for the quality of its graduates and the excellence of its faculty and staff. Students enroll in our academic programs to pursue undergraduate degrees in milling, bakery and feed science & management, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in grain science. Industry professionals from around the world seek out our department for continuing education via on-campus courses taught in our state-of-the-art facilities and via distance education courses. Companies come to our campus to support our education, research and outreach programs, and most importantly to engage our faculty and hire our graduates. The field of grain-based food and feed science is fast-growing and ever-changing. We at K-State are proud to be the primary training ground of managers and technology specialists who lead businesses and organizations to preserve the harvest, process grains into products, and feed the world. Whether you are a future student, a parent, or a business looking for education, research or employees, we thank you for your interest in our programs. We in the department are truly excited about being an integral part of this important science and industry. We hope that this excitement flows through everything we do! If you would like to talk to someone about our programs, we would like to encourage you to contact us at 785-532-4051 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Happenings in GSI
- Sister Act 3: the varying experiences of the Bokelman sisters in the Grain Science field
- Grains Science and Industry is searching for an Assistant Professor in Animal Feed and Pet Food Processing Safety
- Grains Science and Industry is searching for an Assistant Professor in Cereal Biochemistry, 9-month appointment
- Grain Science and Industry is searching for Professor and Department Head, full time, 12-month appointment
- Jennifer Frederick and Dr. Subramanyam Bhadriraju awarded sustainable agriculture grant (August 2014)
- Dr. Cassandra Jones named among AFIA Members of the Year for service on FSMA Groups (May 2014)
- Congratulations to Dr. Subramanyan Bhadriraju for being named University Distinguished Professor (May 2014)
- K-State to host International Food Security Symposium in 2015 (May 2014)
- Dr. Maier part of K-State Panel on Global Food Challenges (May 2014)
- Dr. Kingsly Ambrose invited to give presentation on bulk solids programs at K-State at the International Powder and Bulk Solids Show in Chicago (May 2014)
- KSU Grain Science recognizes award winners (April 2014)
- College of Agriculture dean discusses how past trends dictate positive future (April 2014)
- K-State Grain Science and Industry Proposing Global Food Center (April 2014)
- Polamreddy V. Reddy joins K-State Grain Science and Industry Faculty as Managing Director of Feed the Future Lab (April 2014)
- K-State and AIB exploring major partnership (March 2014)
- New Online Pet Food Processing Course Coming Fall 2014
- Pakistani entrepreneurs visit K-State Grain Program (March 2014)
Latest Publications by GSI Faculty
- Applications of Discrete Element Method in Modeling of Grain Postharvest Operations. 2014. Josephine Boac, R.P. Kingsly Ambrose, Mark Casada, Ronaldo Maghirang, Dirk Maier. Food Engineering Reviews, 10.1007/s12393-014-9090-y
- Wheat Mill Stream Properties for Discrete Element Method Modeling. 2014. Abhay Patwa, R. P. Kingsly Ambrose, Huyla Dogan, Mark Casada. Transactions of the ASABE, 57(3): 891-899.
- Dispersion, efficacy, and persistence of dichlorvos aerosol against two flour beetle life stages in a mill. 2014. Bh. Subramanyam, Dhana Raj Boina, Frank Arthur. Journal of Stored Products Research, 59:96-100.
- Improvements in Quantification of Biomass Feedstock Availability to a Biorefinery Using a GIS-Based Method. 2014. Adrian Martinez-Kawas, D.E. Maier. Transactions of the ASABE, 57(2):533-542.
- Evaluation of Synergized Pyrethrin Aerosol for Control of Tribolium castaneum and Tribolium confusum (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae). 2014. K. Kharel, F. Arthur, K.Y. Zhu, J. Campbell, Bh. Subramanyam. Journal of Economic Entomology, 107(1):462-468. http://dx.doi.org/10.1603/EC13355
- Particle Size Analysis of Two Distinct Classes of Wheat Flour by Sieving. 2014. Abhay Patwa, Blake Malcolm, Jonathan Wilson, R. P. Kingsly Ambrose. Transactions of the ASABE, 57(1):151-159.
- Low-Lignin mutant biomass resources: Effect of compositional changes on ethanol yield. 2014. Yadhu Guragain, K.M. Ganesh, Sunil Bansal, R. Sai Sathish, Nageshwara Rao, Praveen Vadlani. Industrial Crops and Products, 61:1-8.
- Resistant Starch: Sources, Applications and Health Benefits. 2013. Yong-Cheng Shi (editor), C.C. Maningat (editor). Wiley-Blackwell, ISBN:978-0-8138-0951-9.
- The Case for Refined Grains in a Balanced Diet. 2014. Rebecca Miller. Cereal Foods World, 59(3):137-140. http://dx.doi.org/10.1094/CFW-59-3-0137