Cereal Chemistry Laboratory (CCL)
The Cereal Chemistry Laboratory (CCL) is a multifunctional lab in Kansas State University's Department of Grain Science and Industry. Located in the Shellenberger Hall, the CCL has professional staff and well-equipped facilities to conduct research related to cereal science and grain-based products. We work closely with other departments, universities, and industries to provide research, consulting, training and testing services related to cereal products.
Vision, Mission, and Goal Statement
- Vision: Be a key resource in cereal chemistry research and education.
- Mission: Provide excellence in research and education in cereal chemistry.
- Goals: Develop nutritious and innovative cereal grain foods and food ingredients and provide relevant education and meaningful technical service.
- Wheat quality
- Baking science and chemistry
- Cereal protein chemistry, modification, and functionality
- Protein-based nanoassemblies
- Bioactive compounds and peptides
- Functional cereal foods
- Food nanotechnology