Presentations and Brochures
I coordinated the visit on March 11, 2007 of Dr. Raghuvardhan Reddy, Vice Chancellor of Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, India to Kansas State University.
In June 2004 Dr. Jeff Gwirtz, our milling professor, and I visited India to conduct seminars on flour milling and pest management. The list of seminars and my role in the seminars is given below.
International Short Course on Flour Milling, May 28-30, 2007, GRT Grand Hotel, Chennai. A majority of the presentations were by Dr. Jeff Gwirtz. About 40 people attened the seminar, and in this seminar I gave three presentations:
- “Storage of wheat and milled products”
- “International trends in food safety and pest management”
- “Rodent and bird control”
- “Sanitation issues in the mill”
International Seminar on Latest Trends in Flour Milling, May 31, 2007, Hotel Fortune Landmark, Ahmedabad. More than 40 people attended seminar. I gave one presentation in this seminar.
- “Flour mill insects and their control”
I also conducted three separate hands-on workshops on Sanitation, Food Safety, and Pest Management for the food industry, pest management professionals, industry quality assurance folks, and government regulators, to name a few. Over 60 people were trained at the three workshops.
- May 29-30, 2007, GRT Grand Hotel, Chennai
- June 7-8, Hotel Sagar Plaza, Pune
- June 15-16, Hotel Green Park, Hyderabad
I was responsible for 11 out of the 13 presentations at each of the venues. Evaluations indicated that these seminars were well received.
- “The new Government of India food laws and their impacts on the food industries”
- “A simple method to interpret and comply with language of federal regulations”
- “Developing inbound and outbound inspections”
- “Development of a sanitation program”
- “Development of an inspection program”
- “Developing standard operating procedures”
- “Development of a HACC Program”
- “Developing training programs within a company”
- “Developing scope of services for pest management: issues to consider”
- “Packaging as a pest exclusion tool”
- “Best management practices for retail industries”