Vision and Mission Statement of Grain Science and Industry
"The global education, research and technology transfer leader for the grain & plant-based food, feed, fiber, fuel and bio-products supply chains."
"To educate students and professionals, conduct innovative research, transfer new technologies and knowledge, offer high-quality outreach programs and services that impact the global grain & plant-based food, feed, fiber, fuel and bio-products supply chains."
The Grain Science and Industry Department's strategic plan supports Kansas State University's mission to foster excellent teaching, research, and service that develop a highly skilled and educated citizenry necessary to advancing the well-being of Kansas, the nation, and the international community. The university embraces diversity, encourages engagement, and is committed to the discovery of knowledge, the education of undergraduate and graduate students, and improvement in the quality of life and standard of living of those we serve.
The Grain Science and Industry Strategic Plan is a living document which is periodically revised with the assistance of our faculty, staff, students, and stakeholders. Present it addresses following themes:
- Educate undergraduate, graduate and continuing education students.
- Conduct innovative research and develop new technology which can translated in practice.
- Offer high-quality outreach programs throughout the International Grains Program Institute which meet customer needs and stakeholder expectations.
- Recruit, retain, reward and develop high quality faculty and staff.
- Build and acquire state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
- Broaden funding base.