Grain Science Vision & Mission Statement
"The global education, research and technology transfer leader for the grain & plant-based food, feed, fiber, fuel and bio-products supply chains."
"To educate students and professionals, conduct innovative research, transfer new technologies and knowledge, offer high-quality outreach programs and services that impact the global grain & plant-based food, feed, fiber, fuel and bio-products supply chains."
The Grain Science and Industry Department's new strategic plan will support K-State's goal of being recognized as a Top 50 public research university by 2025. The university strategic plan asks the Colleges and departments to develop their strategic plans by 2012 and 2013, respectively. We will be working during the coming months with our faculty, staff, students, and stakeholders (via our Department Advisory Council) in developing our strategic plan that will address the following themes:
- Educate undergraduate and graduate students, and industry professionals.
- Conduct innovative basic and applied research, and transfer new technology and knowledge to end users.
- Offer high-quality outreach programs and services to meet domestic and international customer needs and stakeholder expectations.
- Recruit, retain, reward and develop high quality faculty, and professional and classified staff.
- Develop, maintain and utilize state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
- Broaden funding base and improve financial stewardship