Welcome to K-State Grain Science and Industry
Welcome to the Department of Grain Science and Industry at Kansas State University! Our globally unique programs are recognized for the quality of its graduates and the excellence of its faculty and staff. Students enroll in our academic programs to pursue undergraduate degrees in milling, bakery and feed science & management, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in grain science. Industry professionals from around the world seek out our department for continuing education via on-campus courses taught in our state-of-the-art facilities and via distance education courses. Companies come to our campus to support our education, research and outreach programs, and most importantly to engage our faculty and hire our graduates. The field of grain-based food and feed science is fast-growing and ever-changing. We at K-State are proud to be the primary training ground of managers and technology specialists who lead businesses and organizations to preserve the harvest, process grains into products, and feed the world. Whether you are a future student, a parent, or a business looking for education, research or employees, we thank you for your interest in our programs. We in the department are truly excited about being an integral part of this important science and industry. We hope that this excitement flows through everything we do! If you would like to talk to someone about our programs, we would like to encourage you to contact us at 785-532-4051 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Happenings in GSI
- Jennifer Frederick, Graduate Ph.D. Student, receives the 2014-2015 James R. Coffman Honor Council Student Member of the Year Award (September 2015)
- Hulya Dogan receives the NCTA Educator Award at the 2015 NACTA Conference at University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- David Wetzel presents at forensic microscopy meeting (June 2015)
- Greg Aldrich was interviewed by the Western Producer (an agricultural paper in Canada) regarding pulses in pet food (May 2015)
- Dr. Yong-Cheng Shi delivered the Belfort Lecture at the Whistler Center for Carbohydrate Research at Purdue (May 2015)
- In a Flash – Conditions Can Develop Quickly for Grain Dust Explosions (February 2015)
- K-State Announces New Grain Science and Industry Department Head (January 2015)
- Grains Science and Industry is searching for an Assistant Professor in Animal Feed and Pet Food Processing Safety
- Grains Science and Industry is searching for an Assistant Professor in Cereal Biochemistry, 9-month appointment
Latest Publications by GSI Faculty
- Bulk Flow Properties of Hard and Soft Wheat Flours. 2015. Qi Bian, Sichaya Sittipod, Anubha Garg, R.P. Kingsly Ambrose. Journal of Cereal Science, 63: 88-94.
- Applications of Discrete Element Method in Modeling of Grain Postharvest Operations. 2014. Josephine Boac, R.P. Kingsly Ambrose, Mark Casada, Ronaldo Maghirang, Dirk Maier. Food Engineering Reviews, 10.1007/s12393-014-9090-y
- Wheat Mill Stream Properties for Discrete Element Method Modeling. 2014. Abhay Patwa, R. P. Kingsly Ambrose, Huyla Dogan, Mark Casada. Transactions of the ASABE, 57(3): 891-899.